IMI Level 1 Diploma in Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Principles
- Skills in inspection, repair and replacement of standard light vehicle tyres
- Light vehicle front wheel alignment
- The inspection and replacement of light vehicle clutches, exhaust components, suspension dampers, vehicle batteries and braking systems
- Engine systems and components and operation
- Skills and knowledge in routine light vehicle maintenance
- Health and safety in the workplace
Start date: September 2017
Course lecturers: Our lecturers are advanced motor vehicle engineers from a range of industry backgrounds. These include: vehicle service technicians, advanced diagnosis specialists, auto electricians, RAC patrols and Ferrari engineers. All actively maintain their own skills, working with high profile companies. This means that they can support your pathway into employment within the motor industry.
Our facilities: This is a practical course, with some elements of theory, and is taught within our fully- equipped working garage. The garage is stocked with Snap-On tools.
Kit required: All students will require our garage uniform including overalls. Prices will be advised by your lecturer.
Vehicle inspection of tyres and components
Meet your lecturer
Philip is a lecturer at the college and sector lead for Light Vehicle Maintenance, and has responsibility for our large LVM offering including teaching it at Level 3. He has extensive industry based experience and has worked for brands including Motorsport Italia as a Ferrari Engineer. He has also worked as an RAC Team Leader and holds a wide range of industry based experience, offering students a unique classroom experience combining theory with practice gained in the working environment. In his spare time Philip enjoys scuba diving and is a Black Belt in Ju-Jitsu.